This event took place on March 25, 2021
On Thursday, March 25, 2021 from 11:00 am to 12:30 pm EDT, York University Libraries and York’s Open Education Steering Committee hosted a Zoom panel discussion on the use of open educational resources (OER) and open pedagogy in York courses during the COVID-19 campus closure.
Participants heard from YorkU course instructors, students, and an instructional designer about their experiences with OER and open pedagogy.
Event panelists included:
YorkU Course Instructors:
- Dawn Bazely, University Professor, Department of Biology, Faculty of Science
- Deborah Davidson, Associate Professor, Department of Sociology, Faculty of Liberal Arts and Professional Studies
- Matthew Dunleavy, PhD Candidate & Course Director, Department of English, Faculty of Liberal Arts and Professional Studies
- Iqra Aqib, 3rd year student in the Honours Human Resource Management program
- Cheyenne Gumbs, graduate of York University’s Bachelor of Science program
- Araceli Ferrara, 4th year student in the Honours Theatre & History program
- Jonathan Whatley, Instructional Designer, Editor & Writer